Companies generally start by identifying significant business opportunities that may be enhanced by superior data and then determine whether Big Data Analytics solutions are needed. If they are, the
business will need to develop the hardware, software and talent required to capitalize on Big Data Analytics. That often requires the addition of data scientists who are skilled in asking the right
questions, identifying cost-effective information sources, finding true patterns of causality and translating analytic insights into actionable business information.
To apply Big Data Analytics, you as a manager should:
- Select a pilot (a business unit or functional group) with meaningful opportunities to capitalize on Big Data Analytics
- Establish a leadership group and team of data scientists with the skills and resources necessary to drive the effort successfully
- Identify specifi c decisions and actions that can be improved
- Determine the most appropriate hardware and software solutions for the targeted decisions
- Decide whether to purchase or rent the system
- Establish guiding principles such as data privacy and security policies
- Test, learn, share and refi ne
- Develop repeatable models and expand applications to additional business areas
Xanaxx Practitioners can offer both practical solutions and hands-on implementation plans to help put your organization on the path to success. Contact us today!